Tuesday 22 April 2008

Everyday MMU trial (Eye Colour)

When I eventually got my Everyday MMU delivered, I couldn't wait to try them. The colours looked absolutely gorgeous! I've always been apprehensive with using powder eye make up as I prefer to apply them dry instead of wet. When I had a feel of the powder texture, I got worried that they may not stay where I intended them to but then again, I wouldn't know without trying them on ;)... I thought, if it went horribly wrong then, i could easily remove them and use my other make up (non-mineral ones) but then again, I had to take my son to his karate class so there was a dilemma. At the end... I thought... What the heck, no pain no glory... So here's how I got on with them...

As my normal routine, I applied my usual superfit foundation by clinique the, Everyday MMU (I've mixed the Olive Fair and Olive Medium to match my skin tone), sorted my eyebrows out and viola! Time to try my Everyday MMU eye colours. I've started applying the Foating Feathers all over my eye lids paying more attention to my brow bone. I've started doing it on smaller amount (just the edge of my eye shadow brush) as I've noticed that they do go all over the place as I applied them. Then followed by the Pressed Olive on my inner lids brushing them outward to give a smooth appearance, and finally Cypress on top of Pressed Olive. I've used my Clinique Black Diamond eye liner to define my eyes. Obviously, to complete the look, I used my Elizabeth Arden Blusher in Terrarose (03) on my cheekbone and my lips... No. 7 lipliner by Yves Saint Laurent and Bourjois Effect 3D lipgloss in 36 (Fleur d'orange poetic).

Here's what I came up with. I'm open to suggestions and opinions so feel free to let me know what you think :) xxx

The following day, I applied exactly the same make up but went slightly darker.





My verdict: As I am used to compact eye make up, I didn't find it easy to use but I'm sure I'll get better at it with constant practice. I like the texture and the shimmer and will definitely be using this more often.

No comments: