Friday 5 September 2008

Clothing, Bling, Chocolates and Sweets

>> LAST MINUTE SHOPPING>>

This is an old post and I've nearly forgotten about all these until I saw them on my file.

I was preparing Sam's clothes to take with us on holiday when I realized that he needed more summer shirts and trousers (ended up getting a pair of jeans). Since Sam is not fussy when it comes to his clothes I took him to New Look as they were doing 75% discount sale on everything. I was so glad we went as it turned up to be a really really cheap shopping trip. The quality of kids clothing in that High Street shop are quite good as well so it became one of my favourite places for getting Sam's clothes.

This was his loot... A pair of jeans, 4 shirts and 2 vests


For the whole lot... they cost me £4.50 at the end. I couldn't believe it! When I asked the sales assistant how come it was that cheap... She told me that the store offered further reductions after 75% discount. I was gobsmacked but who am I to complain?



After New Look, we walked down the British Home Stores where I found this other bargain. Yes, 75% off as well.

Just thought we'd nip in Debenhams to see what they had on offer and got these for myself... 70% so I thought it was a great deal





These were 75% off as well plus they were 3 for 2 so that was a double whammy discount!

Tried the hair thingy bob ;)

We picked up these 1.3kg of Roses and a box of jelly babies for my bf's mum and dad


I was still on my no-buy-mode when I shooped for these that's why I looked for the best bargain that I could find so it didn't hurt much. Besides, they were essentials... well, aside from the few items ;)
What about you? What do you do when you're on no-buy-mode? Do you completely stop shopping? I've realized that the best way to cope with the present credit crunch is to be sensible with purchases and I guess I have been this time :)

5 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I am exactly the same as you! NO BUY MODE can be put on hold when 1. you needed the stuff 2. they are on crazy sale! Yay!! those purchases are SO WORTH IT! You're a smart shopper Gracie! I love the hair clip!

Anonymous said...

wow.. 4.50 (no pound sign on my keyboard, sowee) is unbelievably cheap! wow.

i am in NO BUY MODE since, June, er May. Geez. It's hard to be a student. A poor student. *sniff*

Tracy Roa said...

Wow, you got a lot of stuff and didn't even break the bank! I declared another no-buy for myself, but ended up buying some more stuff. I need help! LoL. I ordered most of it on-line, so I guess when they all come in, that's when I'll OFFICIALLY go on a no-buy.

Gracie said...

>>Nikki>> Sis, I can't agree more! In times like these... we should be clever shoppers ;)

>>Liz>> Liz, I know exactly what it's like to be a student. I was on that position 6 months ago for 3 years. I was fortunate to get students grants and other benefits so it wasn't too bad for me to cope.

>>Tracy>> It's always worth looking around for bargain and I've decided to be a bargain hunter and try to avoid paying the full price from now on ha ha ha! Well, except of course if there are things that I really need and like but that would be very very occasional. Good luck on your no-buy-mode sis but you've got to be determined this time ;)

Vanessa M. said...

great stuff!!!!